Is this correct?
pear replied on at Permalink Reply
Correct on #1

#2 -- I uploaded 5.3.3.1 and when i went tohttp://www.mysite.com to set up the page loaded fine, but after i entered all the information and hit submit -- it returned that error in red at the top.

when I tried again -- it said I already had stuff installed in the SQL server and I can only create an installation on a empty DB.
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
Thank you for clarifying :)

According the the error message, PHP is trying ot stuff the string 'ASET_ALLOW_NONE' into an MySQL integer field. I am guessing that 'ASET_ALLOW_NONE' is actually a constant that did not get substituted correctly into the MySQL query. Why, I'm not sure. I need to pull down that old version 5.3.3.1 and look at it.

Were there any entries in your apache log in regard to this incident?

Also, so I don't waste a bunch of time searching for it, could you give the link to the post about "loading 5.3.3.1 and then upgrade to 5.4.0.5 (just for reference)?
pear replied on at Permalink Reply
http://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/installation/clean-install-5-4-0-5-not-working-solved/
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
Thanks...

Just FYI, did you see the How To:
Windows Server 2003 and Apache

http://www.concrete5.org/documentation/installation/hosts/windows_s...
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
From:
http://www.concrete5.org/documentation/installation/hosts/windows_s...

3a. I ended up turning off 'Strict Mode'

This may solve your problem.
pear replied on at Permalink Reply
I tried turning off strict mode; and tried both 5.4 and 5.3.3.1 the SQL error is down, but both return the white screen problem.

I checked apche log and it says --

[Thu Jun 24 13:24:20 2010] [error] [client 192.168.47.1] PHP Warning: require(D:\\cms_new\\english\\concrete/config/base_pre.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\\cms_new\\english\\concrete\\dispatcher.php on line 8
[Thu Jun 24 13:24:20 2010] [error] [client 192.168.47.1] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'D:\\cms_new\\english\\concrete/config/base_pre.php' (include_path='.;C:\\php5\\pear') in D:\\cms_new\\english\\concrete\\dispatcher.php on line 8
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
Ok, getting close. Did it create a file /config/site.php ? If so, what is in it?
pear replied on at Permalink Reply
Yep it created the config.php but it is simply a blank file :(
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
I am also suspicious of your apache configuration. The double back-slashes (D:\\cms_new\\english\\concrete/config/base_pre.php) do not look right. I am a *nix person and do not know *squat* about windows.
pear replied on at Permalink Reply
yah that puzzled me too, i'm going to ask the admin about that.. this i'm a *nix person too and this is actually my first time working w/ windows

any thoughts on the config file tho?
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
Ok, to re-run the install, just delete the site.php file(a blank site.php will mess you up) and drop all the tables out of your database, if any were made.

If you are not running the site out of the webroot, you need to use:
define('BASE_URL', 'http://www.mysite.com');
define('DIR_REL', '/subfolder');
pear replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks,

how should I run
define('BASE_URL', 'http://www.mysite.com');
define('DIR_REL', '/subfolder');

should i throw that into index... or?

the server seems to be using a subdomain system

so i have english.website.org
going to website.org/english -- won't work tho
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
Sorry, my last post was confusing. Ok, great. Your are not using a sub-direcoty off the webroot. It is interesting that PHP can not find the first file reference that has a mix of "\\" and a "/" in the path name. We need a Windows Expert :(
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
Another observation. The path names to the files are correct, if you change all the "\\" to "/". I really think this is an apache and/or PHP configuration issue.
pear replied on at Permalink Reply
I just checked the actual directory and it seems like D:\\cms_new\\english\\concrete/config/base_pre.php

does not actually exist

there is a base.php however
so maybe the installation only went half way through... ?
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
WOW, I may be wrong. Interesting, version 5.4.0.5 has a base_pre.php while version 5.3.3.1 does not. What version you trying to install?
pear replied on at Permalink Reply
right now i'm trying 5.3.3.1

mmmm maybe that error was from before when i tried installing 5.4.0.5

Should I start 5.4 process
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
I would delete everything from your webroot (to get a nice clean slate). Then unzip a fresh copy of whichever version you would like to run. You may be right trying to install 5.3.3.1 then upgrade to 5.4.0.5. Or just install 5.4.0.5. I do not know which is the best method for a windows install. Your call :)
pear replied on at Permalink Reply
I've tried that and I'll try that again...
same errors -- blank screen afterwards :\
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
You get the same can not open stream/file not found error in the apache logs? If it is doing that error on both versions, then we are right back to an apache and/or PHP configuration issue.
pear replied on at Permalink Reply
I'm trying a fresh installation it's back in its "loading" (yet to timeout) screen
I will check apache's log after to see if anything else turns up -- will keep you updated
pear replied on at Permalink Reply
installed 5.3.3.1
> site.php is still blank
> no errors have been logged in the error log; access.log got updated

any thoughts?
nteaviation replied on at Permalink Reply
nteaviation
You could try manually configuring the /config/site.php using:
define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
define('DB_USERNAME', 'dbusername');
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'dbpasswd');
define('DB_DATABASE', 'concrete');
define('BASE_URL', 'http://english.mysite.com');
define('DIR_REL', '');
define('PASSWORD_SALT', 'lksjlksskj skjfjksjlsjlksjlksjlkjslkjslkjslkaj kkjskjl;lsjk');

change the appropriate fields and make up your own PASSWORD_SALT :)

*ACK* it mangled the BASE_URL, just make ithttp://english.mysite.com LOL
1PLM replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
Hi,
I am trying a new install on a server, however when I navigate to the browser for the installation, I do not see the configuration screen but a directory listing of the Concrete5 installer. What needs done or what am I missing. Find attached a screen shot. Thanks.
============
To Parent Directory]

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> blocks
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> concrete
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> config
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> controllers
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> css
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> elements
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> files
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> helpers
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:53 PM 43 index.php
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:53 PM 2073 INSTALL
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> jobs
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> js
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> languages
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> libraries
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:53 PM 1085 LICENSE.TXT
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> mail
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> models
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> packages
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> page_types
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:53 PM 366 robots.txt
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> single_pages
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> themes
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> tools
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:04 PM <dir> updates