Issues trying to move my server to a local XAMPP test server
When I go to localhost/videogamedatabank.com I get the following error:
Warning: require(C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete/bootstrap/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete\dispatcher.php on line 13 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete/bootstrap/configure.php' (include_path='C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete\dispatcher.php on line 13
There is in fact no configure.php file. There is one in the normal concrete folder that my website doesn't pull from anymore. I think at some point I had to manually update to 8.5.2 and now it runs out of the update folder.
I tried copy pasting the configure.php from the concrete directory into the updates version and when I did that I got the following error:
Warning: Use of undefined constant DIRNAME_GEOLOCATION - assumed 'DIRNAME_GEOLOCATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete\src\Foundation\ClassLoader.php on line 148 Warning: Use of undefined constant DIRNAME_GEOLOCATION - assumed 'DIRNAME_GEOLOCATION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete\src\Foundation\ClassLoader.php on line 164 Warning: Use of undefined constant DIRNAME_APP_UPDATED - assumed 'DIRNAME_APP_UPDATED' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete\bootstrap\paths.php on line 13 Fatal error: Uncaught ReflectionException: Class Concrete\Core\Config\ConfigServiceProvider does not exist in C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete\vendor\illuminate\container\Container.php:734 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete\vendor\illuminate\container\Container.php(734): ReflectionClass->__construct('Concrete\\Core\\C...') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete\src\Application\Application.php(420): Illuminate\Container\Container->build('Concrete\\Core\\C...', Array) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete\vendor\illuminate\container\Container.php(629): Concrete\Core\Application\Application->build('Concrete\\Core\\C...', Array) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete\src\Foundation\Runtime\Boot\DefaultBooter.php(183): Illuminate\Container\Container->make('Concrete\\Core\\C...') #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concret in C:\xampp\htdocs\videogamedatabank.com\updates\concrete5-8.5.2\concrete\vendor\illuminate\container\Container.php on line 734
I have no idea what to do now. I know there's gotta be someone out on this forum who actually knows how all this works and knows roughly what's wrong and can point me in the right direction. Sadly there's very little documentation for this type of thing on concrete5, if only I was using wordpress, this would be much easier.
Also I should mention, the whole reason I'm doing this is to see if a server upgrade would make my pages load faster. I found out my shared server on dreamhost runs 1.4ghz per core. I also maybe only have access to a dual core? I'm not super big on servers so I'm not sure how much I actually access out of their 8 dual cores virtual whatever.
All of that being said, I need to run my website on a virtual test server on my PC, which has 4.4ghz per core, and see if it will bring the page load times down from what they are now (3 to 8 seconds per page).
Also, does anyone know how many cores concrete5 can actually utilize for database queries? I have the feeling that extra cores give diminishing returns and that concrete5 can only really utilize one or two cores. That's how most video games work at least, so it makes me want to assume concrete5 is similar as far as core utilization.
Alternatively, the other potential bottleneck could be SSD speed, depending on how much data concrete5 sifts through to put together the pages. Surely there's something that can be upgraded that can improve database query time. There's no way 3 to 6 seconds is the upper limit of speed with a mostly default concrete5 installation.
The site looks like it has been auto-updated, which makes the concrete dir obsolete and everything gets loaded from the respective updates sub-dir.
The second group of errors are, I suspect, because the original core (before you updated to 8.5.2) was not compatible with the version of php you are running locally.