MySQL error 1064 when installing C5 5.3.0

Hi,

I'm trying to install C5 5.3.0 on a remote server but I'm getting the following error when I've entered what I believe to be the correct details into the Personal and Database Information panels:

--
mysql error: [1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-expose_01' at line 1] in EXECUTE("show create database web248-expose_01")
--

I've installed the previous version of C5 with the same host recently without any issues. Is this an issue with 5.3.0?

The server's running MySQL 5.0.67 and PHP 5.2.9 and all the items in the Testing Required/Optional Items panel on the installation page of C5 are ticked.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Tony.

marius replied on at Permalink Reply
marius
The C5 "installer" have a problem with your DB name. When you remove the underscore and the dash, it will work.
example: web248expose01

Or you can edit the install files. I had the same problem.

Best regards,
marius
Fluvius replied on at Permalink Reply
Hi Marius,

Thanks for your reply.

The database name is automatically created by the host when a new one is created, so editing its name to remove the underscore is impossible.

Can you give me a pointer on which install files to edit so that c5 allows the underscore?

Thanks for your continued help.

Tony.
Fluvius replied on at Permalink Reply
I've now got 5.3.0 working.

I downloaded and installed version 5.1.1 (would have used 5.2.1 but it's not available for download at present). That gave me no issues with the naming of the database, so then I upgraded from that version to 5.3.0, with total success.

Still, it would be good to know how to avoid this rather convoluted install process in future, by knowing what install files need altering to allow the underscore.

Tony.
andrew replied on at Permalink Reply
andrew
We'll work on fixing this for future versions.
andrew replied on at Permalink Reply
andrew
Send me a msg through my profile. I'd like to fix this but I need a little background on it exactly.
alemao replied on at Permalink Reply
alemao
hi Andrew,
i have tried to install concrete 5.3.1.1. new as i do have problems with the upgrading process from 5.2. to 5.3.1.

i dont think it can be the solution first to install v5.2. then upgrade (with lots of problems) to 5.3.1.

when i try to mak ea new installation i get the following error message. i know its caused by the dash automatically generated by my host for the database name.

mysql error: [1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-cms' at line 1] in EXECUTE("show create database db0000000-cms")

have you any fix yet? would be highly appreciated. Thanks
arcanepain replied on at Permalink Reply
arcanepain
I got round this by installing a fresh 5.2.1 then upgrading to 5.3.1.1, but a fix has been posted elsewhere in the forum...I haven't tested it yet, but looks like it should do the trick:

http://www.concrete5.org/community/bugs/fixes/patch_-_fixed_the_ins...
katz515 replied on at Permalink Reply
katz515
I just uploaded the patch file

http://www.concrete5.org/community/bugs/fixes/patch_-_fixed_the_ins...

Just download it and replace

/concrete/libraries/database.php

Next version of c5 should not have this problem.
newreality replied on at Permalink Reply
Hello Guys!

I'm trying to access this link but ask my login again and fail!

I love to try this patch.
Can you help me?

thanks
hv
frz replied on at Permalink Reply
frz
this is for a super old bug, try just upgrading at this point.
TorstenKelsch replied on at Permalink Reply
TorstenKelsch
Hello,

this bug may be old, but it still seems to be crawling around. I upgraded from 5.2.something to 5.4.1.1 German version for a customer, and I get the same message.

I checked the files database.php, backup.php and a few more in concrete/libraries, but I can’t find anything noticeable.

The database names have dashes in my case, too, and the hoster does not allow free naming.

Does anyone have an idea what I could do? Thanks in advance.
TorstenKelsch
Similar problem after fresh installation.

A database backup via the Concrete5 backend is not possible.

But typing the command
SHOW TABLES FROM `db10548395-concrete5`
into phpMyAdmin’s SQL editor and putting the database name between `` works correctly. So, I’ll have to find the file that sends the SQL command and edit it. A fix would be nice in the next Concrete5 version.
Mnkras replied on at Permalink Reply
Mnkras
It is fixed in the dev version
TorstenKelsch
Thank you, Mnkras, for the information, but where the hell can I get this dev version? On Concrete5.org and Sourceforge there’s only the stable version available.

It would also suit my needs to know which is the file that controls the database backup, so I could fix it myself. I know, I know, you should never change the core files, but I need a quick solution.

Uh, forgot to say the version I’ve installed is the current release 5.4.1.1!

--------

Fix:

Change line 13 in /concrete5/concrete/libraries/backup.php from

$arr_tables = $db->getCol("SHOW TABLES FROM " . DB_DATABASE);

to

$arr_tables = $db->getCol("SHOW TABLES FROM `" . DB_DATABASE . "`");
12345j replied on at Permalink Reply
12345j
https://github.com/concrete5/concrete5
TorstenKelsch
Thank you, 12345j! Your post crossed my own solution. Nevertheless I downloaded the zip file from github. And I found my solution to be the same as that of the developers.

Thanks to all for their help and engagement!