Transfer of mysql database..
Very new to the Concrete community, I did some work offline on concrete via the localhost. Did the import export of my database online. But when I'm trying to see my page this is what I get.
maybe something is wrong in my site.php?
Unable to connect to database.
A database error occurred while processing this request.
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kitesurf/public_html/concrete/themes/core/error.php:5) in /home/kitesurf/public_html/concrete/startup/url_check.php on line 19
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kitesurf/public_html/concrete/themes/core/error.php:5) in /home/kitesurf/public_html/concrete/startup/url_check.php on line 20
something might be wrong here...
pretty sure that the name of the database is kitesurf_concrete.
I did change the thingy for localhost but this is what I get now:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysql error: [1146: Table 'kitesurf_concrete.Config' doesn't exist] in EXECUTE("select cfValue from Config where cfKey = 'ENABLE_CACHE'") ' in /home/kitesurf/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php:78 Stack trace: #0 /home/kitesurf/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb.inc.php(1037): adodb_throw('mysql', 'EXECUTE', 1146, 'Table 'kitesurf...', 'select cfValue ...', false, Object(ADODB_mysql)) #1 /home/kitesurf/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb.inc.php(993): ADOConnection->_Execute('select cfValue ...') #2 /home/kitesurf/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb.inc.php(1605): ADOConnection->Execute('select cfValue ...', Array) #3 /home/kitesurf/public_html/concrete/libraries/database.php(73): ADOConnection->GetRow('select cfValue ...', Array) #4 [internal function]: Database->__call(Array, Array) #5 /home/kitesurf/public_html/concrete/models/config.php(67): Database->GetRow('GetRow', Arra in /home/kitesurf/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78
I've separate both site in 2 different folders in my hosting at the www level. Same user, same password to access to the database. I can't do this maybe?
In the phpmyadmin I do see the database loading correctly without any errors.
I did export and import the DB, but when runing the remote server deliver errors of not finding table with some CAPS there!
are asked on the remote to be:
...just rename one of the itens to the correct "not-found name with some caps" and the error is gone, delivering a new similar error.
I do know this must be some PHP setting, sorry if out's of the Concrete field, but as I've 95% of my site built localy it would be a waste of time to build it again on-line, plus I don't know how to search pieces of CSS / HTML on an on-line Concrete installation.
Any advice how to fix this caps-sensitive issue?
Linux is case sensitive, so databse tables can have mixed case names. C5 was originally developed for Linux, so has mixed case table names.
Windows is case agnostic. The default mySQL config for windows translates table names to lower case.
Hence with default mySQL settings you can copy databases from Linux to windows, but not from Windows to Linux.
Options (a and b are not much use to you at this stage, as you already have content):
a) Before you start developing on Windows, change the mySQL configuration to be case sensitive (search the forums and howtos for guidance. There is also plenty of mySQL guidance outside of C5)
b) Use a Linux hosted staging/development site for content development
c) Edit the table names at some stage in the Windows export/Linux import process (search the forums and howtos for guidance, there are also addons)
That is currently also in the marketplace queue and if you can test it out and give feedback, I think it would be valuable. It is created for just these kinds of cases!
It hasn't been approved yet to the marketplace, because it is still waiting for someone to test it in real action.
Antti / Mainio
EDIT: And by the way, with this add-on you can also change the case sensitivity setting on your Windows machine "on the fly" and after that click a button that does the table name conversion.
EDIT2: Please also note that this is still in the review phase, so please be sure to backup your database before doing anything with it because there might still be some undiscovered issues in it.
2. Go to /packages/ folder
3. Unzip the folder contained in the zip into your /packages/ folder
4. Rename the folder to "db_case_sensitivity"
5. Go to Dashboard => Extend and install the new package
After that you can find the tools under Dashboard => System & Settings => Backup & Restore => Database Migration
And if you're under version below 5.5, download the 5.4 branch:
In this case the tools are found under Dashboard => System & Maintenance => Database Migration.
Antti / Mainio