Z-index / can't edit block

Permalink 9 users found helpful
Hello all,

This is more a remark rather a question, but it took me some time to figure it out so I thought that it is worth making a note for future reference.

I have built a template with various div and some of them had a z-index greater than 5. Don't do this as it is then impossible to edit the blocks which are "hidden" by these. Choosing z-index inferior to 5 solves this issue.

I haven't reported it as a bug since I am not sure if this is a "feature" or not. From my perspective, it would be good to have the edit links with a z-index of 99.

Mnkras replied on at Permalink Reply
Mnkras
i agree, it would be nice to have a high z-index on it, but maybe 50 so that it still can be easily overrode
uriremon replied on at Permalink Reply
uriremon
Hi does anyone know if concrete5 5 has any themes with a WYSIWYG full resolution screen. I want to take advantage of the whole screen. Thanks And I apologies upfront if i'm in the wrong thread
LucasAnderson replied on at Permalink Reply
LucasAnderson
Yeah, you're going to want to start your own "new post" for this question, otherwise you'll be guilty of "thread-jacking" or taking someone else's post for your own question.
cannonf700 replied on at Permalink Reply
cannonf700
uriremon,
the width of the WYSIWYG editor has nothing to do with the actual theme. You can adjust the width by going to Dashboard> SiteWide Settings> and then look for the WYSIWYG dialogue box. you can set a custom width for the box.
hope that helps.
uriremon replied on at Permalink Reply
uriremon
Thanks Cannonf700. I will certainly give this a try. All the best, Uri
mwotton replied on at Permalink Reply
I have just encountered the same issue. It has taken a while to figure out as I had multiple page types with differeing results - finally I realised it was a z-index issue.

I do not understand why the ccm-highlighter div has been given such a low z-index. Surely it should be much, much higher - if not as high as possible. To make an assumption that a z-index of 5 is high enough seems either misguided or presumptious. However, perhaps there is a good reason for this value, I am willing to stand corrected.
drbiskit replied on at Permalink Reply
drbiskit
Hi, Just had the same problem - for anyone else encountering this issue, the quick easy fix is just add this style to your theme's CSS (adjust your z-index value accordingly):

div#ccm-highlighter {z-index:100!important;}
innocentive replied on at Permalink Reply
I have just wasted a couple hours trying to work this out.

Thanks so much for the solution - AWESOME!
larsnieuwenhuizen replied on at Permalink Reply
larsnieuwenhuizen
Thank you VERY much!!
audun replied on at Permalink Reply
I was looking for the Concrete style to override, but didn't find it. You gave the answer. Thanks!
gregorymlay replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
Dear Sir, I have a Revolution Slider but it covers the Drop down Menu, how can I resolve this? Please kindly help. See the Attached screen shot.
drbiskit replied on at Permalink Reply
drbiskit
Hi - This will likely be a z-index issue, but unfortunately it's not really possible to provide assistance without being able to examine the code. Can you provide a URL please?
criesbeck replied on at Permalink Reply
I had to figure this out on my own first to realize z-index was the relevant issue but thanks for leaving a confirmation marker.
jzab replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks for your tips help on this as I was chasing a solution for ages.

I used a workaround using the Developer Tools in Chrome. Once you've got the Developer Tools open you can click on the css that has the z-index reference above 5 in it and change it to something lower. This then makes whatever you are trying to edit editable! This method means that the original theme css z-index is unaffected and can be whatever you want as the Developer Tools z-index change is only temporary.

It worked for me anyway.